11 Month Warranty Inspections for Memphis
A whole new home’s construction is a lot of fun and gratifying work! Furthermore, it is far more stressful than you might imagine. To secure your house with an 11 month warranty inspection, it is crucial to surround oneself with objective professionals.
We will assist you in learning about every feature of your newly constructed home so that you may feel more secure and confident about your investment. Early problem detection allows you to make rapid, low-cost fixes before more extensive modifications become necessary. But if you aren’t a qualified professional, it can be difficult to know what to look for, which is why savvy homeowners hire a reputable business to perform a detailed 11-month warranty check.
You may rely on our knowledgeable Master Inspector during your purchasing process thanks to an extensive 11 month warranty examination. We are sure that you will be delighted with the prompt, thorough reports that include images. We are here for you the entire time you own your property thanks to our premium service.
Areas of focus for an 11 month warranty inspection:
- Check for proper paint or caulk around all windows, doors, and other penetrations. Make sure weep holes are accessible and unobstructed.
- Make sure the paint is applied properly and adhered to a level in all places.
- Examine the installation and condition of the windows.
- Make sure there are no holes or cracks and inspect the soffits for damage as these are entry points for pests.
- Check the electrical outlets and plumbing fixtures.
- Check for damage or cracks in all the stucco.
- Verify the garage’s operation, that it reverses when encountered with resistance, and whether anything is blocking the sensor.
- Verify any wall or ceiling damage and water stains.
- Check for leaks and proper installation of the water heater.
- If this is where the Air Handler is located, check it for leaks and appropriate installation. The condensation line should be insulated, a filter should be fitted, and a float switch should be included.
- Examine the floors, ceilings, outlets, and walls for damage and functionality. I move from room to room, hugging the walls as I go.
- Check the functionality and condition of the cabinets.
- Check the functionality and condition of the appliances.
- Check the light switches.
- Verify fans
Kitchens & Bathrooms
- Check the tub’s drainage.
- Verify that the hot water is working at every fixture.
- Check for leaks behind sinks.
- Make sure the toilets are not unfastened on the ground or running continuously. (The bottom bolts must to be well fastened.)
- Verify the vents and fans in the bathroom.
- Check the grout and tiles for damage or cracks. Over time, even little fractures can let in a lot of moisture.
- When the A/C is activated, make sure that all registers are blowing cold air.
- When the heat is turned on, make sure that every register is blowing hot air.
- Check the A/C unit for damage.
In general, I would encourage homeowners not to remove panel coverings. Leave it to the experts.
- Use all the breakers.
- Utilize each GFCI.
- Utilize each AFCI.
- Check that all faucets and sinks have adequate water pressure.
- Analyze the hot and cold water. The left turn is hot. The right bend is cold. These might occasionally be in reverse.
- Look for leaks at any apparent plumbing locations.
- Only inspect the roof if you are competent to enter an attic safely and willing to do so.
- Inspect the site for any changes, such as nailing or scissor-joining boards, and damaged trusses.
- Verify the insulation in every location.
- Inspect for roof leaks.
Only inspect the roof if you are willing, capable, and knowledgeable enough to navigate a roofing system safely.
- Look for missing, loose, or damaged shingles.
- Check the installation and flashings of the vents and penetrations.
- Examine any apparent flashing.
- Check for damage along the drip edge.
Structure & Drainage
On newly constructed homes, the foundation is typically not very noticeable and is not a major problem. But in the event that we do detect a glimmer of worry, we should exercise caution.
- Make sure the grade slopes away from your home.
- Look for indications of floods or ponding.
- Maintain a 6-inch clearance between vegetation and the house.
- The home shouldn’t come into contact with the mulch. Leave 4-6 inches of grass or rocks between objects.
- Verify the walkways and driveway.
Let us assist you in avoiding a money pit purchase. You could save more money with our roof inspections than the inspection price.
Why Do Buyers Need 11 Month Warranty Inspections?
A final check before the builder’s warranty expires is the 11-month warranty inspection. The warranty may be extended in specific circumstances to two years. Finding flaws in the house that might have occurred throughout the ownership process or weren’t discovered previously depends on the results of this examination.
It’s crucial to learn about new construction inspections if you’re considering buying a home that has just been built.
Memphis Home Inspectors serves Memphis and the greater mid-south area. Call us today at (901) 390-9162 or contact us to schedule an inspection. We give you the professional service and the peace of mind from the thorough 11 month warranty inspections you deserve.